You heard me right. Flowers and butterflies! I made this card for my DH for his birthday and I just loved the way it came out. Stampin' Up really makes it easy to pull together many colors, stamp sets and punches that coordinate so easily that even though it involved quite a few stamps it was quite easy to put together and it was well worth it, don't you think?
I used a 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" Midnight Muse Card Stock (126843) for the base and folded it in half. I cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock (100730)to 5 1/4" X 4" for the top layer. I worked it up as follows before attaching it to the front.
- I cut a sheet of printer paper the same size as the WW CS and cut a hole in it leaving a one inch border all around. Then I attached it to the WW CS with easy to remove adhesive. I stamped the En Francaise Stamp (109521) in Midnight Muse Ink Pad (126860) and placed the WW CS with the computer paper side down on the stamp and lifted it up. Be sure to press firmly.
- Next I stamped the two blocks from the Colorworks stamp set (127292) randomly in Baja Breeze Ink (126960)
- I inked up the flower from the Blooming with Kindness Stamp Set (126422) in Midnight Muse Ink and stamped it in the lower right hand corner
- The clock from Colorworks was stamped with Stazon Ink (101406) using the Stamp-a-ma-Jig (101049). I put a Cherry Cobbler Brad in the center (119737)
- Next I stamped the butterflies from Papillion Potpourrie one with Stazon Ink on Cherry Cobbler CS (119865) and the smaller butterfly with Midnight Muse on Baja Breeze CS (111352) and punched them out with their corresponding punches, Elegant Butterfly Punch (127526) and Bitty Butterfly (129406)
- I adhered this piece to the front of the card base and added a banner of WW CS with Happy Birthday stamped in Midnight Muse from the Create a Cupcake Stamp Set (121982.
This card would look great in other colors, too and you most certainly could add a bit of ribbon to it if you wished to girl it up a bit, too.
Hope you like this card as much as my DH did.