I just love the Artistic Etchings Stamp Set. Perhaps it is because of my wish to go to Paris some day.
Anyway, this is a super easy card to make. I love the Rich Razzleberry CS from Stampin' Up and wanted to use it as a base for my card. I combined it with Sahara Sand.
Paper: Rich Razzleberry CS, Sahara Sand CS
Stamp Set: Artistic Etchings Stamp Set, Because I Care Hostess Stamp Set
Ink: Basic Gray Stampin' Ink Pad, Platinum Shimmer Paint
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, Mat Pack
- Stamp your image from the Artistic Etchings Stamp Set to the right side of the Sahara Sand CS and Stamp the Thank You from the Because I Care Hostess Stamp Set underneath it using Basic Gray Stampin' Ink Pad.
- Insert the Sahara Sand inside the Rich Razzleberry card and as you lift the Rich Razzleberry front, checking the inside as a point of reference, begin tearing the Rich Razzleberry towards you and remove. Check to be sure the image and greeting are in view.
- Put snail on the inside of the torn side of Rich Razzleberry CS and adhere it to the Sahara Sand.
- Using the medallion from the Artistic Etchings Stamp Set, stamp in Basic Gray ink pad.
- Shake the Platinum Shimmer Paint bottle so that a bit of paint appears in lid when opened.
- Dab your sponge dauber into the lid and stamp off so that it is not too thick on the dauber and sponge lightly over the medallion being careful not to cover the whole medallion.
- Stamp three times on torn side of Rich Razzleberry re-inking every time.
- Wrap Rich Razzlberry ribbon around card
- Using your Mat Pack and the Piercing tool poke holes in the corner as shown above.
I love this technique of the torn edge. I have quite a few more to show you over the next few months and the really neat thing is that it will look different each time because of the paper, ink, stamp set and embellishments you use. By changing the sentiment you can use it for birthdays as well, especially for a masculine card. Hope you give this one a try.
If you would like the FREE Because I Care Hostess Stamp Set contact me to set a date for your workshop.
Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping,